Sunday, April 28, 2013

Poem response 2



I personally think this poem is really a sweet way to explain going to sleep. The little Sandman comes and sprinkles his dust and sand and it makes everyone fall asleep. I liked the descriptions the poet used to describe the things that are happening like “the rosy clouds” meaning the sunset or the metaphor used where the eyes closing were compared to roses closing. A verse that gets repeated “Blue eyes, gray eyes, black eyes, and brown” was funny because they forgot green eyes. I remember watching March of the Wooden Soldiers when I was little and remembering the Sandman and having my parents explain his legend. I guess he used to be more known back in their day...Anyway I think that it’s cool to have legends and stories to tell about how things “happen” and I think it’s cool how the poet put the tale in poem form. It’s shorter and easier to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment