Friday, May 3, 2013

Responding to Classmate work

I read Harlyn’s an Emily’s I have seen poems. Both girls did a really good job using describing the feeling that each of their abstract nouns portrays.  Harlyn’s was very powerful because, like I said, her sensory detail was really awesome and she also didn’t use cliche ideas.I think her’s is about hate or war because it talks about so much destruction and hatred in the world we live in today. For example, when she says “I have watched the fiery power of pounding fists trying to break the peace and send the Earth into chaos. Emily’s poem was really good because she personifies inanimate things. For example, when she says “ whole world stops for a moment and sighs in relief”  I think this means that the world is taking a moment and realizing that upon it are so many good things. I was wondering what Emily’s was for a long time but I think that it’s peace. There was lots of good alliteration in both but it wasn't overkill.  Emily and Harlyn's poems were both really mature sounding because there weren't tons of rhymes/internal rhymes. They used powerful words and both ladies included lots of meanings in their poem that could be interpreted differently. Both girls did a good job with the I have seen first lines and changed them to something that no one else was doing so they were more interesting to read. I liked the way their poems flowed. Sometimes that entire poem can be ruined by the rhythm if it isn’t right and both girls were spot on. Well done babes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment